Here are the details:
Date & Time: Friday, January 10 | 8:30am-1:30pm
Location: Next Steps Center, 1305 TX-121 BUS, Lewisville, TX 75067SIGN-UP
WATCH (The Wellness Alliance for Total Children’s Health of Denton County) Wellness Workshop Co-hosted with Denton County Behavioral Health Leadership Team & Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County
Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth, Recognizing and Responding: Texas’ Holistic Strategy
This event is free. Coffee and snacks will be provided. Lunch WILL be provided. Free CEUs are available for social work, LPC, LMFT, and psychology.
– 7:30 a.m. Check-in
– 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Program
What to look for and how to respond in a coordinated manner during suspected occurrences of Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth
By attending this workshop, learners will be able to:
1. Identify specific risk behaviors of Commercially Sexually Exploited Youth (CSEY).
2. Review the State’s comprehensive holistic public health approach to address CSEY.
3. Identify specific stakeholders involved in a multi-disciplinary approach to coordinated care for victims of CSEY in Denton County.
4. Describe the specialized role of CSEY Advocates.
5. Identify specific further opportunities for training and engagement as well as reporting mechanisms for suspected CSEY.
Tomi Grover, Ph.D.
North Texas Regional Administrator of the Child Sex Trafficking Team
Office of the Governor
Stephanie Byrd, JD
Meredith Boren, LMSW
Assistant Director of Partner Relations
Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County
Cook Children’s Medical Center is approved as a provider of continuing education for Social Workers by the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners (Provider # 5164). This activity is designated for a maximum of 4.0 Social Worker contact hours.
LMFT and LPC
Cook Children’s Medical Center is approved as a provider of continuing education for Licensed Professional Counselor’s by the LPC Board of Examiners for the State of Texas (Provider #1022) and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists by the LMFT Board of Examiners for the State of Texas (Provider # 385). These approvals meet the criteria for mandatory continuing education requirements towards relicensure as established by the individual Boards of Examiners for the State of Texas. Cook Children’s Medical Center designates this activity for a maximum of 4.0 contact hours (0.40 CEUs).
This program is Approved by the Texas Psychological Association (Approval #2015-07) for 4.0 professional development hours.