ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This role is part of a team responsible for producing creative, relevant, and effective communications that help people take the next step on their journey with Jesus. This role will help take all print media, graphic arts, video, social media and other forms of communications to a new level of excellence. This role reports to the Communications/Creative Director.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
- Member of team that designs all of VCC’s graphic content for all communications media, including: website; videos; e-newsletter; weekend services; plasmas; printed collateral; external advertising; signage; SWAG.
- Design art direction and creative concepts for above communications media.
- Design graphic content that is excellent, life-giving, and relevant.
- Design and maintain brand identity for Valley Creek Church and its’ ministries.
- Research and remain current on software, hardware, and techniques within the graphic arts industry.
- Maintain networking relationships within the graphic arts industry and with peers at other churches.
- Participate in creative team meetings to contribute ideas, support, and critique.
- Invite, develop, and disciple volunteers to serve on the Communications/Creative team.
- Perform other duties as requested by ministry leadership.
- General Qualifications/Skills
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects and numerous activities.
- Flexibility to respond to changing plans and short deadlines.
- Gifted in design and creativity.
- Ability to turn a thought into a visual reality.
- Developed eye for color, composition, and perspective.
- Proficient in typography.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Degree or work equivalent in graphic arts.
- Three to five years experience in graphic design.