The role of Assistant Building Manager is to manage and oversee all aspects of building services for Valley Creek Church, including campus and project management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the ongoing maintenance of the building including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and preventative maintenance.
- Overseeing aesthetic maintenance and enhancements to keep the building looking fresh and new
- Working with all ministries to plan and coordinate events, including room scheduling and set-up/clean-up.
- Coordinate, set and manage all meeting space requests through online church software.
- Lead and develop serve team members by building & growing relationships, mentoring and inviting those interested in serving in building services.
- Manage relationships and service needs with all applicable vendors of all/assigned campus locations.
- Perform other duties as requested by ministry leadership.
- Engage cross functionally to support other ministries in projects, gatherings and building sets.
- Leadership with the heart before the hands mentality.
- Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as evidenced by increasing intimacy and demonstration/development of the gifts of the Spirit
- Meet the Valley Creek church leadership requirements, including being a part of the Valley Creek All In community of believers.
- Servant’s heart, flexible, dedicated, dependable and highly self-motivated
Job Specific Qualifications/Skills
- Strong relational and teambuilding skills.
- Forward thinker and creative problem solver with patience under stress.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Able to operate mechanical equipment, tools and good with the hands.
- Able to lift heavy objects.
- An open heart for learning new trades and being coached for excellence.
- A heart and willingness to serve in ministry.
- Required work hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5pm, occasionally off on Friday and working on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Required to work during all services on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership (i.e. All-In Gatherings, Leadership Gatherings, Baptism Services, EPIC prep and support, etc.).