ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This role is part of a team responsible for producing creative, relevant, and effective communications that help people take their next step toward Jesus. This role will help take all video, graphic arts, social media, and other forms of communications to a new level of excellence. This role reports to the Communications/Creative Director.
Overview of Responsibilities and Duties
- Member of team that produces, directs, records, and edits all of VCC’s video content, including: message series intros; personal testimonies; announcement videos; worship elements; videos for special gatherings; ministry-specific videos, videos for social media and website.
- Produce video content that is excellent, inspiring, and relevant.
- Serve as project manager for video productions that require collaboration with other team members and volunteers. This includes coordinating volunteers for production and post-production work.
- Produce field-based videos as needed. Tasks will include location scouting, transportation, setup, operation, and tear down of all video, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Manage and maintain all created video content.
- Manage and maintain all video production equipment inside and outside of the video studio.
- Prepare video content for website media library.
- Research and remain current on software, hardware, and techniques within the video industry.
- Maintain networking relationships within the video industry and with peers at other churches.
- Participate in creative team meetings to contribute ideas, support, and critique.
- Invite, develop, and disciple volunteers to serve on the Communications/Creative team.
- Perform other duties as requested by ministry leadership.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects and numerous activities.
- Flexibility to respond to changing plans and short deadlines.
- Proficient with Final Cut Pro or Avid.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (advanced After Effects).
- DVD authoring.
- Video Codec authoring.
- 3D software a plus (Cinema 4D).
- Degree or work equivalent in radio, TV, film, broadcast design, video production.
- Three to five years experience as a senior editor, motion designer, video producer.
- Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstration/development of the gifts of the Spirit.
- Humble and teachable spirit/personality.
- Servant’s heart, flexible, dedicated, dependable, and highly self-motivated.
- Meet the Valley Creek Church leadership requirements, including being a part of the Valley Creek All In Community.